Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Classes for Spring

I've finally finished my class samples for teaching in Victoria http://satin-moon.com/ this spring! Hurrah, now I can get onto my Christmas preparations.....

I'm showing some of the quilts at our guild meeting tomorrow morning, so here's sneak preview:

Ball Joints-uses my Give and Take Applique technique. If you'd like to see the patterns that I design using this great "no waste" fusing technique, then check out: http://www.patchworkstudio.com/


Repurpose Runway
I'm teaching a class that is all about recycling and repurposing fabrics of many different types and styles, I have other samples using old shirts, table cloths and more. This one has vinatge hankies and is called Nana's Hankies:

Dragon Bones uses my "stack, slash, shuffle and sew" technique a great way to have fun with fabric, a "suprise every time" with easy piecing.




Mi Casa is a unique way of cutting and stacking fabric and using a very different technique for the roof!
Funky Floribunda is a fat quarter project, even though it looks very different! I'm teaching applique using Misty Fuse (a great fusible web product), the background uses a small part of my collection of toile fabrics. I've been collecting them for many years with the intnetion of making a toile quilt for my daughter.....eventually she'll get it!



I also teach the surface design classes there, more smaples to show in a day or two....golly I've got a busy spring!

1 comment:

Dolores said...

These are all great. Thanks for the photos.