The first work I showed you got cut in half
and became this:
Cosa 12" x 12"
But the remaining half of the piece didn't make it! Not that it wasnt any good, but I used a hand dyed piece of fabric that ran, and ran when I rinsed out the blue marker. And I got this:
Darn, darn and double darn! It won't even make a nice potholder!
But the other piece:
And the fabric in the remaining half ran as well. The fabric is now in the garbage!
Having made a couple more pieces, I mounted them on canvas board and and very happy with the results. Despite some misgivings, they are both in the portrait format:
So what did I learn:
- I prefer working with a more limited palette
- I may need to work on keeping my lines straighter (?)
- The quilting design is simple yet effective, I can't do curves well
- These pieces led me to develop a larger piece that I have entered into a show
- I love, love, love doing mark making on the fabrics I use!