Friday, June 24, 2011

New Work

I've just finished a new quilt that is packed and ready for the postal strike to end! it's heading off to the APWQ show for their travelling exhibit. www.apwq.org
The Pacific West Quilt Show is the premier quilting event in the Pacific Northwest and features quilts from the western Canadian provinces and many of the western states. It runs from August 26-28 and if held in Tacoma Washington.
The theme of the quilt is Spirit of the West and entitled Red Sky at Night. t
The exhibit will travel around the US for two years and then be auctioned off at the Gala Banquet at the APWQ show in August 2013. I used photos of sunsets hand dyed and painted fabrics in a collage format and then did free mtion quilting over top, it measures 24" x 36".  I was inspired by Charlotte Ziebarth and her book Artistic Photo Quilts.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is gorgeous! I am waiting for the strike to end too... I have a quilt in Virginia I would like back soon. And I want to order more fabric=)