Tuesday, July 19, 2016

What Do You Think?

I'm just finishing a piece that I want to enter into the Quilts=Art=Quilts Exhibition http://www.schweinfurthartcenter.org/, just need to take out some basting and get it photographed. The deadline is July 25th so I've got masses of time, right? I'll post a photo of it once I know if its been accepted.
So here's my dilemma: I want to continue working with the theme  that began with the first piece, an abstraction of an abandoned shipyard in North Vancouver. I took several photos years ago that I keep coming back to as design inspiration.
But I can't decide which one I should work with....so you get to vote! I like them all and will probably create a piece from each of them, but I just want to get started!
In no particular order, should it be Photo#1:
 Photo #2
 Or Photo #3
You can leave your vote in the comments below.... and in case you are wondering, here's link to some history of the site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrard_Dry_Dock

4 comments:

Merrie Jo said...

I vote for the 3rd photo. It has great lines and I like the newer building in the background. Great contrast.
Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Unknown said...

Photo #3!!! I like the contrast of the building in the back .... simplicity of lines with the building structure!!!

Valerie Wilson said...

I like photo #1 with its strong linear elements. I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Jan R said...

I am also drawn to Photo 3. I like the contrast of new and old, simple and more complex. Will love to see what you do with this one.