Saturday, October 23, 2021

Rounding Up a Few ....

 October has been a busy month for me....I started with my first Studio Tour/Fall Crawl on Pender Island! In other years we were traveling (southern Spain in 2019) or last year....well, you know what happened there!

I loved all the visitors to my studio - new name - Salish Sea Textile Art - with a nice sign for the window but hard to get a close up!


And you know what happens for a Studio Tour - major clean up - making it all nice and pretty - actually I stored a bunch of stuff in the office next door (sheepish grin)! but I got some great STAS hanging systems set up - they look so good and available through Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/stas-45-inch-stas-picture-hanging-systems-cliprail-in-white-1pk/1001027056





I call these the "glamour" shots! I tried doing a short video tour but it was quite shaky, so I'll practise on that!

After the tour was done, we actually got on an airplane and visited family in Quebec - we loved the fall colours...eastern Canada does them far better than the west coast!



Now the studio is back to its messy/normal! I have ice dyes batching, I've started quilting this piece on the table and have a huge order for my Art to Carry Textile Totes...I love my life and I'm so happy that you're part of it!





2 comments:

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing your studio. I've never been brave enough to give a tour, simply because my "studio" is -- effectively -- my entire house! Hope it was successful on all counts. And thanks for sharing the Quebec photos. Part of my heart is still there...

Rhonda Baldwin said...

Just wanted to make you aware that I receive this blog post through FeedBlitz and there is no indication who it’s from or any logo identifying you or your business. I must guess after reading.