Friday, October 2, 2009

Don't Throw It Out!

In my spare time (ha!) I've been working on a new series of quilts that have old, vintage or "repurposed" textiles in them. I have one from old hankies that I'm hand quilting right now. Another one that is in the "collecting" stage that will be made from old men's shirts or is that men's old shirts?
And this one below is a vintage tablecloth with some holes. My intention is to make five pieced blocks that complement the printed roses and set them between the tablecloth blocks once I've cut them up. The tricky part is that the best size for the printed roses is a 13" square. Luckily I have Electric Quilt and I used it to size the pieced blocks. I made one block with too dark a background so its been rejected.
Not quite sure what kind of border treatment I'll use tho.....and I'll have a couple of rose blocks left over for a more contemporary piece, perhaps they'll get into the dye pot!


2 comments:

Deborah OHare said...

I love this idea! It always great to re-invent something old.

Victoria M. said...

What a great idea. I love the way it's looking so far.