Saturday, January 30, 2010

North Carolina Quilt Symposium

I'm thrilled to be teaching in Charlotte, NC this June! Registration has just opened and its sure to be an exciting event. You can visit http://www.charlottequiltsymposium.org/

There is a top notch selection of teachers and workshops that offer everything from traditional piecing and applique to surface design techniques, thread painting, dyeing, and mixed media:
Charlotte Angotti
Cynthia Corbin
Melody Crust
Patti Culea
Kim Diehl
Karen Eckmeier
Ellen Anne Eddy
Robbi Joy Eklow
Flavin Glover
Bonnie Hunter
Janet Lasher
Velda Newman
Jenny Raymond
Paula Scaffidi
Pat Sloan
Karen Stone
Carol Taylor
David Taylor
Laura Wasilowski
Elin Waterson
Terry White

and me......

I'll be teaching Surface Matters-Stamp it Up! an exciting array of different stamping methods and materials. If you've been following my Stamping Monday posts on the blog, you'll know how much fun it can be to play with stamps to create pattern and imagery of fabric.









My other class is Photo Illusion and we'll be exploring images and transparency of fabric with photos and a variety of fabric types. I'll bring a couple of printers for the students and we can play with image transfer methods as well!



Keep checking back and I'll have some more pictures to post! Sign up and you'll get regular information about the Symposium! 




No comments: