Thursday, November 29, 2012

Soy Wax film Set - Day One

I'm am now totally in awe of film crews and their enormous amount of knowledge and experience! I'm sure I wouldn't know the difference between a blue or green shadow being cast onto a wall! I didn't know there were memory card specifically for film cameras! Wow, there is so much to learn and I'm having a blast.
If you didn't know already, Andrew Galli of www.gallifilms.com is in Victoria to film a DVD with me on Soy Wax Resists. Here's a sneak preview of the cover:

 
Isn't it beautiful?
 
My studio now resembles a movie set, cameras (two, one for the overall pictures and one for close-ups), computers, three large lights, wires and more wires, a green screen (actually, the back side of the green screen) and best of all: a clapper - more about that later!
Here's one shot of my studio and equipment:
 
 
Here's the set from another angle:
 

 
Here's the set, ready for one of the segments:
 
 
Now, here's the most fun of all:
 
Me, with the clapper! Scene One, Take One!
 
 


3 comments:

bronwen said...

Yay!! So proud of you! Things look crazy in the studio. Hope you're having fun! xo

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to the DVD. Good information is hard to find Johanna Fritz, Menomonee Falls, WI
wisfritz4@yahoo.com

Susan Purney Mark said...

Thanks Joanna. It should be out in January. I'll certainly keep you updated about the release!