Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Colour Play!

Last week I ordered a 25 metre bolt of white PFD (prepared for dyeing) fabric. I used it all up in less than a week! Its been a dyeing frenzy around here, with colour, dye, rinsing and washing happening at all hours of the day and night. Actually I had a great system of dyeing a batch first thing in the morning and rinsing it in the afternoon and then dyeing more and having it ready to rinse in the morning before beginning the dye process all over again.
I was concentrating on half metre pieces and doing colour gradations as well as some planned colour movements. I'll be taking all these with me when I'm lecturing this month for my own Victoria Quilters Guild and next month for the Boundary Bay Quilters Guild.
What do you think of these beauties?


I added threads to some of the fabrics in my colour gradations and made up these totally awesome packs that I've added to my store. So you can order them here: http://fabricimagery.com/category/colour-play/
I've got five colourways right now but will be adding more as I create them. Each pack contains four 11" x 18" fat eights and four 10 yard skeins of perle cotton, all packed up just for you! You can't stop at just one!