As a surface design artist, I know you love colour and pattern...don't we all! We understand the importance of subtle value shifts, repeating imagery and glorious contrasts....that's why you are so creative! But maybe you are looking for a new method to add to your toolbox? Something that helps you move beyond anything you could imagine.....
I have a method of dyeing that is almost like Forrest Gump.....a surprise every time! By using ice as the carrier for dye powders you will achieve the most incredibly amazing patterns and textures, like nothing you've done before...
Next session starts February 23rd and Registration is open NOW!
After this workshop you can build up a fabric inventory like no one else, each piece of fabric will be a new creation, ready for your artistic skills! You will be able to:
· create yardage, not just small pieces but long lengths of gorgeous fabrics
· dye coordinating patterns in different colour ways
· make home decor items, cushions wall hangings and more
· have a ready stash of fabrics for whenever you feel inspired
· First, you will have access to a password protected webpage that's just for you. I'll send out the password and all the tidbits the day before the workshop begins.
· There's a place on the webpage for you to post questions and comments and to chat with all your fellow students.
· The webpage will also have the PDF of all the class notes - download it, print it and use it as a handy reference and reminder, it's that simple!
· You have the option to join a private Facebook group that's just for you to post pictures, see others inspiring fabrics and much more. It's the best and most immediate way to get together!
· You'll be able to download the video from the webpage, it's yours to keep forever and ever, and ever....
In Ice Dyeing Revealed; here's what we'll cover:
· the dyes and chemicals that you will use
· safe studio practices, how to set up your dyeing area
· equipment such as measuring cups, colanders and more
· getting the fabric ready for dyeing
· the "magic" folding patterns - it's all in the folding!
· dye colour choices
· setting up the fabric, the ice and the dye
· batching time - be patient, young Luke.....
· rinsing and washing your fabrics
· getting excited!
Register Today HERE:http://www.susanpm.com/2016/11/23/ice-dyeing-revealed/
But wait there's more! Just in case you're not totally sure about this, visit my Pinterest Board and see more of those Ice Dyed Revealed Fabrics!