Monday, January 19, 2009

Stamping Monday

I'm here again with another idea for your stamping pleasure! I learned this technique in a workshop with Ruth Isset. This time we're working with string blocks that are so simple to make you should have dozens of them. You'll need to have good quality twine...what I know as 'butchers twine'. I think it has a very high cotton content and has a very tight twist. This way it doesn't have stray threads for the paint to muck up on and being a rather dense and hard twine, it doesn't unravel easily.
Find a block of wood or foam core and lay down a layer of carpet tape. Its super sticky on both sides and will not come off without some very serious tugging. Cut off a length of string about 18" and begin laying it down on the carpet tape. Take your time in deciding where to place the string as its hard to move it around. Try not to lay string on top of itself as it won't print well as two layers.
Think about design: wavy patterns, flowers, spirals etc. have fun with the possibilities.

You can then seal the string with a couple of coats of acrylic paint, the stamp will last longer that way and it'll be easier to wash later. Use a print table and pin your fabric in it for best results. I have instructions for a print table on December 23rd. Check it out!
Have fun!

6 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

Great idea, Susan! I even have the right string! Thanks...

Joyce said...

I am going to try some of your stamping ideas. I have made a few wall hangings from your book Quilters' Playtime and love them. Thanks for the book. It's wonderful.

KarenF said...

this may be my most favorite one yet...Stamping Mondays are FUN!!

Connie Rose said...

Great idea, Susan. And I'm glad to see you've tinkered with your pricing at Etsy! Good for you!

Janine Matthews said...

I'm so glad I had a look, I really like the string idea, will most definately have to give it a try

cheers -thanks

disa said...

免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室