Monday, March 9, 2009

Stamping Monday

Hi there again...the week has flown by and I'd been meaning to post earlier but now I'll play catch up for a few days. So check back tomorrow too!
Todays stamp maybe right under your very feet or at least under your rug. The cushioning pads for rugs and carpets come in a variety of different textures, this one is a checkerboard, perfect for stamping.

Cut out a shape that you like. If you aren't mounting it onto a support then work with a small, 2" or less, size; its easier to manipulate.
Brayer your paint onto a plexiglass plate and then run the brayer over the back of the stamp.

Stamp onto your fabric, usually I can only get one impression with each stamp, but this time, becasue the foam is softer I got one clear impression and then a softer image the second time.

Play around with the pressure you use to find what works for you. You can use just part of the stamp, create repeating patterns or overall design.

The fabric in the pictures is a lovely silk crepe that I have dyed, screen printed and stamped. I'm planning to cut it up and then hand stitch it into a scarf. perhaps I can get it done this week :)
I'd love to have more stamping images from you so send them along with your name, a brief description or your product and method and your web site or blog address to: patchworkstudio@shaw.ca
Cheers!

No comments: