Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Off to the Caribbean!

I'm getting packed and ready to leave tonight  on the "Quilters of the Caribbean" cruise that visits 7 different ports over 10 days. I'll be teaching two differerent workshops, Botanical Leaf Study and Your Creative Space. I'm supplying the kits for each student so I'll be packing those in the suitcases!

But I also like to take some sketching supplies and papers to grab the inspiration and colours when I see ideas....... plus I got a set of Inktensepencils for my birthday last month that I'll be packing. I've painted some papers with light washes of colour to prepare and my Pitt markers, plus glue stick and scissors. I hope I don't forget anything!

I'm also going to take part in the Sketchbook Challenge this year, the blog has lots of great ideas, tips and suggestions to get you started. Please join me through the year, try some sketching ideas of your own? Let us know if you are part of the Challenge as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good, but I am wondering whether the seven ports are all caribbean ports like Barbados, Grenada etc.

Susan Purney Mark said...

Yes, they are all Caribbean ports, Half Moon Cay, DR, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Turks and Caicos.
Bring on the sun!

Yvonne said...

Bon Voyage - sounds like a grand adventure!