Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Fabric




Here's some new fabric I've been creating! The fabric began life as a Low Water Immersion piece that had some scarlet, olive/emerald and yellow dyes sprinkled on. I then played with discharge paste and made brush strokes across in a regular pattern. I didn't care for the colour when the discharge paste was steamed away so I painted over with a citrine Setacolour paint and heat set that. Wanting a little more pattern in the piece I added dots of gold colour in the background and smaller brush strokes in a copper colour. In all, I'm pleased with the effect.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Susan, I'm not surprised you're "pleased with the effect" -- it's gorgeous!
Joan

susan said...

Looks beautiful Susan! Keep up the good work! Any ideas come to mind as to how you will use this? I have a few....