Its a little over a month until the Pacific West Quilt Show in Tacoma, WA. I hope you are planning to be there! I'll probably be the one in the booth selling tickets, so you may see my smiling face! Would you like some reasons to visit the show?
1. You can come early and take one of my classes on Thursday, August 22nd.
In the morning from 10-1pm, I'll be teaching Layering Colours: Combine paint, powders and foils with a variety of fusible webs and
interfacings to create texture, layering and pattern. We'll try
stamping, scrunching and ripping to make a small abstract sample
suitable for further embellishments.
In the afternoon, join me for Thermofax Printing: Thermofax screen printing with textile paints is an easy way to print
unique and exciting designs on fabric. Learn simple and effective
methods of repeating pattern, colour mixing and possible applications on
quilts, clothing and more.
2. There's a Charity Sew In on Friday night from 6-9pm., you can stitch up pillowcases for the One Million Pillowcase Challenge http://apwq.org/page.php?ID=58
3. On Saturday, August 22nd, there's the popular Pacific West Fashion Show from 4-6pm.
4. There are several Special Exhibits sprinkled throughout the show, including work from the LaConnor Textile Museum, the APWQ members Exhibit and much more. Don't miss out on these wonderful parts of the show!
5. The Saturday Sampler is a "don't miss" event! Lots of teachers, designers and authors showcasing tips, techniques and topics. I'll be there with my Soy Wax Resists!
6. Sunday is Military Family Day, low price on group tickets with military ID card.
So these are just a few reasons you don't want to miss the Pacific West Quilt Show, August 23-25th. Hope to see you there! Check out more details at: http://apwq.org/quiltshow-events.php