I had heard a suggestion of working with a 12" x 24" size as a good size to sample ideas and design. It seemed to suit me, so off I went....
Here is #1, as two images, one rotated 180 degrees.
- there is good contrast in value
- the partial circles are a good visual break from straight lines
- variety of line widths are interesting
- heavy, dark horizontal lines
- design seems chunky
- there doesn't seem to be any flow across the design
As for orientation, I prefer the one on the right. But once I make some changes, we'll see if that's still the case.
Here it is back again, with a couple small changes.
Comments? I have a thick skin, so be honest!
Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate everyones thoughts.
Here it is with the orange fixed up and another orientation that Rayna had suggested. I hadnt considered placing it on the horizontal, it may lead me in an entirely new direction with my design ideas!