So here it is, as a vertical piece (on the left) and rotated 180 degrees.
- the tighter palette was a lot more fun to use, because I had a limited choice.
- the dark strips really stand out-strong contrast
- I actually prefer the one on the right, perhaps because its not as bottom heavy.
- the dark strips are too evenly spaced, doesn't create any tension/focal point
- no place for the eye to rest, rather jumpy
I want you to know that I really do appreciate your comments and have found them very helpful. So lets it from you about this one?