Friday, May 13, 2011

International Quilt Market

I'm in Salt Lake City attending Quilt Market, visiting friends, seeing fabric, checking out the new products and doing a little bit of buying.
Normally Daphne and I would have a booth to showcase our new patterns, demonstrating for shop owners and meeting with business associates. In the last 6 months we've been focused on writing books and writing magazine articles plus a lot of travelling.
So I'm at Market on my own and experiencing it in a whole different way, I can take more time talking with vendors, investigating new products and getting a sense of the flavor.
I spent this morning in a class with Lesley Riley http://www.lesleyriley.com/ learning about TAP-Transfer Artist Paper......a polymer coated paper that can be run through the ink jet printer for photos, painted and stamped on with inks, distressed and then ironed onto fabric, wood, paper, glass and more. Its a very versatile product and while I've done a bit on my own, its great to learn right from the person who developed the product.
Lesley demonstrates her Transfer Artist Paper

Lesley shows a book that is featured in her upcoming book from C&T Publishing
It will be available next month and is called Create with Transfer Artist Paper

Here are some samples that I made in the class and I'm looking forward to using them in some of my mixed media work!
Tomorrow....meet some of the vendors!


No comments: