Sunday, May 15, 2011

What I Learned at Market

Since I didn't have a booth at Market this spring I enjoyed the freedom of walking the show floor, visiting and networking with fabric companies, pattern designers and more.
I took part in several seminars and I think what I learned there will more than pay for my trip in the near future.
On Saturday I spent a couple of hours learning about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), EMail Marketing, Home Page Web Design, and Facebook and Social Media. Those of you who know me can appreciate that I am not the most tech savvy person and often rely heavily on friends and family. But the company who did the seminars spoke very "un-tech" lingo and explained their point so clearly I was able to take notes and listen at the same time. Hurrah! So having made notes and having some handouts I feel far more prepared to venture forth onto the web and Facebook.
Yesterday I mentioned fresh new designers, young, bright, full of colour and energy. Do take a look at:
www.pixiegirlquilts.com
www.basicgrey.com
www.cluckclucksew.com
www.izzyandivydesigns.com
www.stitchstudios.com

Having seen what these designers are doing I'm excited about the future of quilting!

No comments: