Sunday, August 3, 2008

One for the Bucket List!



Put this on the list of things I never thought I'd ever do!

My husband, Henry and I, went to a friends BBQ over the weekend and the next day Jim and Gloria introduced us to "skeet shooting". This is the sport where you yell PULL and they fire little clay pigeons (they're made of clay and therefore dead!) and you try to shoot them down while they zoom past at an unbelieveable speed. I managed to hit a couple much to my surprise!

I hadn't fired a gun for many, many years (that's another story) and had forgotten about recoil, so my shoulder is sore and will have a couple of bruises shortly. But it was fun, I learned a lot about different guns and and gauges, how important breathing and eyesight and proper arm position can be and that I really need to work on my upperbody strength.

So here's a couple of pictures, Henry's the tall guy.

No comments: