Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Minnesota Quilt Show

Last weekend I was in Duluth, MN for three days of teaching. It was probably one of the best organized, smoothly run shows I've ever been to. The staff treated the teachers exceptionally well, the students were a joy to work with and of course, the quilts were fantastic!
I taught Give and Take Applique for one day, we spent the morning playing with black and white paper, glue and scissors creating positive and negative designs. In the afternoon the students created their blocks using their designs into fabric. I think they did some exciting new designs!






The next day the students created blocks using my Empress Tiles technique from my Fat Quarter Frenzy book. They did an awesome job!



I had two groups of mothers and daughters in the class. Wanda and her daughters Missy and Laura had a blast!



Bonnie worked as the Elna rep in my classroom for all three days and she was a wonderful help showing all the students the cool features of the machines!

1 comment:

Darlee said...

Ahhhh...now I see how it works! Very loving designs. I posted my finished quilt today for pattern design - "Ti Leaves" that I bought from you at the quilt guild meeting in Parksville.