Sunday, July 15, 2012

Books on Sunday - Printing by Hand

When holiday and birthday shopping comes around and my family asks for suggestions, I often pick a book that I've seen promoted or advertised but might not buy for myself. So last year I received Printing by Hand - A Modern Guide to Printing with Handmade Stamps, Stencils and Silk Screens by Lena Corwin.
The book takes a light approach to a number of techniques and guides the reader through good instructions and excellent pictures. I admit its a nice bit of eye candy with interesting textile designs but didnt really grab my interest as I'm used to more meat in my books. But this book would suit someone just begining to play with textile paints and definitley someone who liked creating home decor items such as cushions and table cloths.
What I really appreciated with this book was having a spiral binding that laid flat when the book was open, I wish all my books did that!!!

ISBN 9781584796725



Lena does a cute blog titled "wee textiles", worth checking out: http://weetextile.lenacorwin.com/

No comments: