Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Create Beauty in my Soy Wax Workshop

This seems to be the week that many people are heading back to school. I used to love packing all my new school supplies and starting fresh with my pencils and notebooks. How about you?

I've scheduled an exciting  workshop on Vancouver Island where we can devote two entire days to creating beautiful fabrics with dyes and soy wax. I hope you will join me!

 We'll be covering topics such as:
  • Layering Wax and Dye – plus Value Gradations
  • Using Thickened Dyes – with Screen Printing
  • Pattern Resist – Pole Wrapping and Clamp Resist
  • Stitch Resist – a Surprising Technique! 
  •  Using colour and pattern in new ways with sponging, stamping, drizzling and dabbing.

You will get a comprehensive supply list prior to the workshop, the supplies are all easy to find and I will bring all the necessary dyes, paints and chemicals.
The workshop is in a lovely 1200 sq. ft. studio space so there will be plenty of room for everyone. If you are coming from out of town, there is a Best Western nearby and we have ar5ranged a corporate rate for you.

Please join me on November 5-6, 2013 for this workshop! You can register and get more details here: http://www.studiogart.com/workshops/

No comments: