Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Next Stop........Venice

Almost thirty years ago we took our four young children on a camping trip through Europe. I was so excited to visit Venice and show them the history and architecture of this wonderful city. As we stood in St. Marks Square I expected them to be as in awe of their surroundings as I was. Instead, all they wanted to do was chase pigeons!
I vowed that one day I would return and really, really visit all the sights I wanted to! San Marco was one of our first stops......this time the tide was high.






One of our guide books said that it was almost impossible not to get lost in Venice, I agree and we decided to just wander the alleys and canals and enjoy the discoveries we made.



















I'm really here, I can hardly believe it!
Of course we had to stop once in a while for a little refuelling break......












Shopping can be done almost anywhere.....






Next stop.....Burano, Murano and Torcello


No comments: