Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Art Every Day!

Are you like me and have far better intnetions than actually happen? Do you want to get into a regular habit of sketching, drawing, creating? When I go into my studio, I want to make something, but often I gravititate towards my computer.....and then time passes and the art doesnt get done!

Well, I thought i might share my frustrations with others and see what happens! So I started a Facebook Group titled Art Every Day! Its been great to see others share their art and be enthusiastic about what we are creating...

OK, so I'm still at the computer, not making art but at least I'm learning about art, right???

So I also checked out a couple of websites about Art Every Day and found this one: http://www.dailyartfixx.com/

Daily Art Fixx began in April 2009 as a way to share art – for education and inspiration. Since then DAF has grown beyond expectations to include artist profiles (both historical and current), most visual art genres, and themes such as Women in the Arts, Art-e-Facts, E-Learning, videos, and more.

Plus the site is by two Canadian women! Cool! They have featured artists, a bit of history, lots of great visuals and a wide variety of mediums shown. There's not much fibre, so will have to work on that! I've signed up for their newsletter, lets see what happens!

In the meantime, why not trot on by to the Art Every Day Facebook Group and see what's happening? Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1668316073423495/

Here's one of my latest Ice Dyed fabrics, because every post has to have a picture, right? Now I'm off to my sewing machine.



2 comments:

Valerie said...

Susan

Thank you for this wonderful post! I will definitely check out your Facebook page. My computer is the first thing I have to pass in my studio and it does seem as though there is a pull towards ti most days.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I spend time on my computer every day... but it's in a different room. I try to spend time in my studio or dye room every day, even if for just a short while... keeps the creative juices flowing, and since I sell what I make and have a commitment at our local Co-op gallery, it is necessary to keep creating! BTW, I love your ice dyed fabric... beautiful!