Friday, January 28, 2022

Week 7 in the Studio - Just when I think....

 ....that nothing much got accomplished, I find that it was actually a busy week!

I was in Vancouver last weekend for a better wifi signal (yes really!) while I presented a Zoom lecture titled Sacred Cloth - Textiles of Faith for the Minnesota Contemporary Quilters. It was a chance to visit my daughter, get some yummy Greek food delivered and focus on computer work during the day....I love offering Zoom lectures, getting to meet so many lovely artists and share our passions!

I finished off some more Colour on Ice fabrics and posted them on Etsy - you can shop until February 16th and get 20% off all my Colour on Ice fabrics HERE 


Remember that I mentioned I was filmed my Shibori Shiraz video? Its up on YouTube HERE and even my granddaughter gave it a thumbs up!


I got an order from Opus Art Supplies, I had ordered it three weeks previously but with shipping delays and staffing issues I had to wait a while - but the company updated me regularly and I was willing to wait! All such yummy stuff to try out....the Pitt Markers in blues!!!


I finished the black and white piece - here it is cropped. I'm not sure I am happy with it, I'll let it percolate a bit and I would like to see it framed...any suggestions?


And.....I started on another piece from my Industrial Shoreline series! It's always so exciting to start!

This is my inspiration - a crane in Port McNeill, BC that I took last fall.


As usual, I began with the sky and painted white over some subtly dyed fabric, cut it into square and then got very excited to see the pieces on the design wall:


It's been foggy here in the mornings and each piece felt as though I was peering through the fog layers looking at the hint of a horizon. Remember the poem by ee cummings? "The fog comes in on little cat feet"?

Here it is sewn together:


And then with the forest added....


The ocean comes next, using some of those Shibori fabrics....but that will be next week!



No comments: