Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday Tip

I wanted a star design for a quilting stencil and didnt want to make a plastic stencil. So using an idea from my friend Daphne  http://www.daphnegreig.blogspot.com/  I traced my design onto a piece of freezer paper and then ironed another three pieces underneath to fuse them together. I used my art knife to cut out the star design.


The freezer paper template is heavy enough with the extra layers to stand up to a lot of use and it was inexpensive and quick to make! Gotta love the "quick and cheap"!





2 comments:

susan said...

Thanks for the neat tip! I enjoy your blog~ in fact, I've signed up for the Sketchbook Challenge because of your encouragement! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas my friend!
Susan in Tacoma, WA

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I have also used manila folders or chipboard (cereal boxes, etc) for stencils, both of which I have a good supply.