Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Charity Begins in the Studio!

I'm sure by now you have heard about the flooding in Alberta and the amazing response by quilters to provide quilts to many of the people who have lost their homes and belongings.
Yesterday, four friends and I gathered in my studio and began piecing quilt tops to send to long armers who have volunteered their time and skills to quilt the tops and make sure that the quilts go where they are needed. One shop has set up a donation page: http://www.mysewingroom.ca/classes/index.php?pageref=alberta_floods_2013

Here we are working, I was surprised to find four machines and the sewing divas fit comfortably in my studio:


Here's a quilt top that Cathy Miller finished!

Last night I pulled out a box of blocks that I had made when I taught Block of the Month series for our local shop and guild. I didn't want to use a sashed layout so tried something a little different. I still have about 18 blocks left, so I think I'll make it bigger.

There is always an on going need for quilts when disaster strikes anywhere. Its always good to have one or two quilts on hand, ready to help out. They warm the body and the soul!







1 comment: