Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Colour Blocking Online Workshop

I'm gradually moving my wide selection of online workshops to an "on demand" setting. Why? I'm finding that students want to access workshops when they see them, rather than waiting for a set date. Plus, I'm on the road a bit more these days and find a different selling platform to be helpful.

So, I've just finished setting up Colour Blocking within my Etsy Shop, meaning that you can get immediate access to the workshop as a downloadable lesson.
In Colour Blocking you will get a thorough PDF with hints, tips and dye recipes and a separate supply list with sources for buying dyes and chemicals.
There's a 40 minute video that you can watch at your convenience, plus you can download and keep the video for as long as you like...my workshops NEVER close!



You might be wondering what Colour Blocking is....? It's a term I use to describe the process of screen printing with thickened dyes rather than the more common textile paints.



Why thickened dyes....these dyes do not change the hand of the fabric, allowing the fabric to remain soft and supple despite repeated applications, plus thickened dyes are transparent, so layers of dye will change intensity, value and colours, giving you a wide range of possible uses for their created cloth.
The colours can mix within the screen during applications and you can also paint over the screened images so additional colours and values can be achieved.
It's also possible to mask out areas of the screen (I use soy wax) and create amazing secondary or layered imagery.
Circles painted on screen with soy wax
You can also layer fabrics, sheer organza on top and cotton or linen underneath and get fabulous depth of colours. Or mask out sections of the fabric with freezer paper.....


In the workshop you are welcome to ask questions and I'm only a mouse-click away!
 
Masking with soy wax plus mixing colours in the screen
All of this  - plus enter the code: BLOGPROMO for 10% off the workshop....

Here's the link, I hope to see you in the workshop: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/676048561/colour-blocking-online-workshop-printing?ref=shop_home_feat_4

No comments: