Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Hawaii


We stopped in Kona on the Big Island and began our day with a quick trip to Quilt Passions http://www.quiltpassions.com/ where I bought a great applique kit featuring a Hawaiian Pineapple. I've hoping to start the project soon.
Daphne and her husband joined us for a speedy drive around the island and we made a stop in Volcano National Park. It was fun to see steam rising from openings in the ground and look at the large crater.


The air was a little thick with sulphuric gases so we couldn't drive all the way around but did manage to see some of the park.
We also got a picture of a sea turtle on the tender trip back to our ship!

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Hawaii. I was there at the same time, but on land (not a cruise). Just wanted to say Aloha and that I enjoy your blog.

I also love BC!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com