Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Patchwork Preserves


My latest magazine article is in McCalls "America Loves Scrap Quilts". http://www.quiltersvillage.com/store/products/MQ20509
The quilt is made from a vintage top that I've had for a few years and always meant to do something with! I can't remember where I got the top (I didn't piece it) but I added a border, sandwiched and hand quilted it. The fabric collection is a wonderful group of 40's to 70's fabrics plus a few solids thrown in. The shape is an extended or elongated hexagon and they are all hand pieced.

I'm looking forward to getting the quilt back from the publisher and puttin it on the bed!

1 comment:

Janet Rice-Bredin said...

Love the colours in your vintage quilt, Susan. They look so fresh... must have been protected from the light.

And hand-quilted! I bet it drapes beautifully. Thanks for sharing this.